Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Panther Ausf G May 1945 Part 5

This will be the Finale of this project.
Lets dive into with a splash....Or Splashes. I mixed small amount of Light Dust and Plaster dust. This was then applied by brush using an airbrush to force air and carry the mixture off the bristles


This represents the dried mud and dirt. The heaviest accumulation should be at the Front and back of the tank
The spray from the tracks and the Cross country travel.
In part 4 I talked about the dirt process. After the dirt is allowed to dry I when in with a Diluted Earth mixture adding it to dirt  build up. The Earth enamel color the dirt to a bit more uniform and deaden the tiny bits of shiny rocks present with in my backyard soil.
  Earth was even applied to Turret side in small splashes. As the Dirt would pile up before the Turrets rotation moved it. This was basically the end of weathering a few tiny streak of earth and Oil in certain location and the tank was finished. Then I had a long time to look it. I decided to improve  it. Its some times the hardest thing to do. Saying this isn't the best as the Project finishes.



This was the end. project finished. However I wasn't totally happy so changes happened. The changes weren't  massive but they were important to the overall finish  The 1st major change was a Rework of the road wheel damage
Then the Dirt was reworked in a small section. Along with this a highly thinned Earth enamel was used to create nearly transparent splashes of earth. It made all the weathering seem more realistic and subtle  


Ill be starting on the next write up about my Isu-152 and also my newest project.


No comments:

Post a Comment